Want to write a book but not sure how to start?
- Wonder whether you can even write?
- Not sure how to structure your ideas?
- Confused about your style, voice and how you are going to tell your story?
- Procrastinating and feel frustrated because you don’t know who to contact?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, I’d love to work with you.
A lack of confidence is what stops most people from writing or achieving their goals. Having someone to help and guide you along the way, will help you achieve your writing goals.
What makes me a little different to other writing mentors or bloggers, is that I offer writing expertise combined with experience.
I have a Masters of Communication - Creative Writing degree, extensive personal development training & life experience.
I’d like to share what I have learnt along the way, to make your life easier. You don’t have to know how to write, you just have to be passionate about your story.
Here's how I can help you:
I have edited a number of manuscripts, some for publishers and many for personal clients. I offer structural editing services. Please contact me via the Contact form to discuss your project. I will assess your manuscript and give you a quote and a timeframe in which I can complete the edit.
A structural edit for a life story involves checking:
- the structure of your story
- your voice and style
- grammar including sentence structure
- active and passive voice
- repetition and redundancies
- the overall flow of your story
- theme and message
Fiction includes checking narrative elements such as:
I only take on a small number of editing projects and give priority to people who have completed a Book Strategy Session or who are in my Writing Programs. I only do structural editing these days and can recommend a number of fabulous proofreaders for your book.
Please contact me for a quote and availability.
Book Planning Session/Mini Mentoring Session
For people who have an idea or need help to start their story.
If you need some guidance to get started, my Book Planning Session will help you. We will discuss what you want to achieve with your story which will affect how you write your book.
What you Get:
- Initial Questionnaire so we can avoid wasting time
- 3 hours consultation and mentoring personalised to suit your needs and goals
- Analysis of your target market and comparative books
- Brainstorming Session to organise your ideas
- Develop your ideas into a coherent structure and form
- Detailed chapter outlines
- Writing tools and tips on language, grammar and punctuation in a ‘non-boring’ way if you want it!
- Develop writing confidence and a passion for telling your story
- Work on an eye-catching title and subtitle using online marketing strategies
- Learn how to craft a riveting hook or opening to your story
- Action plan and writing schedule to help you get organised
- Information on how to pitch and write a proposal to a publisher
- Information on self-publishing
- Continued support through my private Facebook group
We can break the session up into 2 x 1.5-hour sessions and you can pay up front or in 2 instalments prior to the consultation.
Contact me to have a chat to see if this is what you need now. No obligation to do the Book Planning Session.
E-Course - Coming Soon!
Write & Publish Your Life Story/Memoir/Self Help Book
I'm excited to offer you my e-course, Write & Publish Your Life Story which will guide you through every step of the writing, editing and publishing process. It deals with all aspects of writing your life story as an autobiography, memoir or family story, and is useful for people wanting to write a Self-Help Book also. You get the added bonus of guidance through my private facebook group where I can support you on your journey. Soak up the information and work at your own pace or join me for a limited number of coaching spots available.
The Modules include:
- Planning & Preparation
- Defining Life Story & Creative Ways to Write Life story
- Psychology of Writing Life Story & Concept of 'Narrative Healing'
- How to Generate & Structure Ideas
- Research / Interview Techniques / Fieldwork & Geneology
- How to Start Writing your Book - Different Approaches
- How to Turn Facts into a Compelling Story
- Writing Tips
- Everything You Need to Know About Editing
- Publishing Options (Traditional Publishing & Self-Publishing)
- Legalities - Copyright, Permissions, Libel & Defamation
- Building Your Author Platform & Marketing Outside the Square